NEOTROPE was written by Daniel Corral. It was premiered on 09-25-2010 at the Santa Monica Glow Festival by an accordion sextet riding on the Santa Monica Pier Carousel. The musicians rode the carousel while the audience listened as the music spun past them. NEOTROPEwas commissioned by Machine Project for the 2010 Santa Monica GLOW Festival.
NEOTROPE has been performed all over, at locations such as
- Santa Monica Pier Carousel (Glow Festival 2010)
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- Donald R. Wright Auditorium
- Los Angeles Central Library
- Harpa Concert Hall (Reykjavik, Iceland)
Christyfrink.com: “the sound rippled all up and down the stairs and echoed from every direction. It was a really fun thing to see and I’m thankful I caught it.”